Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Today Was a Good Day

Submitted by Laura on Thu, 12/01/2011 - 12:57am

Today was a great day.  I spent some time doing things I wanted to do - which I haven't done in a long time, since I've been so tied to my "normal" schedule.  I started out by getting a massage, and wow, did I need one!  
After that, I visited my friend, Sara, and her new baby, Nolan.  He is such a precious gift and a cuddle-bug.  I was happy to spend some one on one time with Sara, because we are usually surrounded by our "group" of friends when we see each other, that it was nice to connect today.

Lastly, Joe and I visited Bill's Pizza and Pub in Mundelein to check out the paper icon sale they are doing for Lungs for Laura (buy a 'sun' for $1), eat some awesome pizza and meet the staff and patrons who have been working so hard to sell the icons.  I felt like an episode of Cheers where everybody knew my name (ok, I'm cheezy).  In all seriousness, I felt really blessed meeting the people I don't even know who are supporting me.  It filled my heart with joy.  I took a picture with some of the staff and patron Steve


No comments:

Post a Comment