Submitted by Laura on Tue, 08/16/2011 - 12:57am
Here is a glimpse of my day from the time I wake up until I go to bed. You wouldn't think someone who didn't work would be THIS busy!! It's time consuming to properly take care of myself while I wait for my transplant.
- Clumsily stumble out of bed at 7:30 AM to disconnect from nightly feeding tube. Cough for 15 minutes and go back to sleep.
- Wake up for good at 11 - 11:30 am. Cough and blow nose for 30 minutes. Hug my doggies.
- 11:45 - 1:00 - Prepare and eat breakfast. Do nasal wash and take morning medications. Give Chloe her medicine.
- 1:00 - 2:30 - Do first therapy and while doing so, multi-task: check my email, read a book, read CF forums, or write a blog.
- 2:30 - 3:30 - Prepare and eat lunch.
- 3:30 - 5:30 - Exercise at the hospital gym (M-W-F), otherwise do light chores, water the plants, see a movie, get some sunshine!
- 5:30 - 6:30 - Recharge my batteries and rest or do another treatment.
- 6:30 - 8:00 - Prepare dinner and eat.
- 8:00 - 9:00 - Spend time with Joe.
- 9:00 - 11:00 - Treatment again. I do my vest therapy for 30 minutes and my Mom comes over nightly to do an extra hour of manual chest therapy (basically beats the mucus out of me).
- 11:00 - 11:30 - Get ready for bed....take medications, hook up to feeding tube, cough, get comfortable and sleeeeep!!!!
Whew! This is a full time job, but I'm not complaining. I'm just very lucky to have the resources available to me to stay home and take care of myself, so I have the best chance at a successful future and a successful lung transplant. Thank you to everyone who supports me in my journey! XO.