Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Don't wanna jinx myself...

Submitted by Laura on Sat, 07/21/2012 - 11:33pm

I don't want to jinx myself, but I've been feeling pretty good this week.  I've had some extra spoons to use this week, I guess!  (See this blog from fellow tx patient re: Spoon Theory).  This week, I spent Saturday mattress shopping, Sunday visiting with my grandma/aunt/mom playing cards, exercised on Monday, ran bedding/pillow shopping errands and got my hair done on Tuesday, completed bedding shopping on Wed. and cooked dinner, saw a movie with Mom Thursday, did bedding laundry and picked up the house Friday in preparation for our mattress delivery, and today cooked breakfast, picked up the house more, dusted our bedroom, went to a brewery and classic car night at Dog N' Suds.  Tomorrow I am contemplating the Museum of Science and Industry.
Now, with all of this extra energy and ability I seem to be having, I also am just WAITING for the minute that I CRASH AND BURN!  With all this activity, I just know it's coming!  However, I'm not going to stop doing stuff and just sit around waiting to be tired - when the crash happens, it happens.  All I can realistically do is be prepared to turn my little butt around and get home for some R & R.  I did have to make some informed decisions regarding WHICH activities I could do today (walking around a fair = no, sitting at a brewery = yes). When you're ill, these are the moments you have to be prepared for and accept.  I just look forward to the time when I don't have to forgo activities because walking from the car to someplace is simply too far.  I can't wait to stop being left out of activities simply because I cannot breathe.
Of course I realize that transplant is not a cure - you're trading one set of 'problems' for another - but if I can breathe easy, I think I will be able to deal with the 'other stuff'.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment